- 2 lb fresh fava beans (to yield about 8 oz shelled)
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 10 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 head baby lettuce (such as - Boston or Bibb lettuce|bibb]]), washed and dried
- 1 bunch watercress washed and dried
- 6 oz Pecorino Romano cheese, cut in 1" cubes 1
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan.
- Add the shelled fava beans and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain and, when cool enough to handle, pinch off and discard the outer skin from each bean.
- Place the shallots in a small bowl, add salt and pepper and stir in the lemon juice to dissolve the salt.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Line a platter or 4 salad plates with lettuce.
- Arrange watercress and fava beans atop the lettuce.
- Drizzle on vinaigrette and the cubes of pecorino over all.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.