Artichoke hearts salad with orange. Serves 4.
- 4 artichokes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise
- 4 oranges
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 12 kalamata
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt to taste
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook the artichokes and half a lemon, covered, until the artichokes are barely tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Pull off the artichoke leaves and cut the fuzzy choke out of each artichoke.
- Slice the hearts into ½ inch wedges and set aside.
- Squeeze the juice of the other lemon half and set aside.
- Over a large bowl, peel and section the oranges, discarding the seeds and the white pith.
- To serve, alternate the orange sections and artichoke wedges on individual plates.
- Garnish with radish slices and.
- Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice.
- Drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle with paprika and salt.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.