- 4 large aubergines / egg plant (aswad)
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 5 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 small Onion (optional)
- 5 green chilies (optional)
- Heat aubergines on flame of stove.
- Peel when soft and burnt.
- In a bowl, mix Peanut butter with lemon juice.
- Add aubergines to mixture and mash.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- aubergines may taste burnt and gassy (but not Naemea's), if this is not desired, we'd recommend frying the aubergines in oil rather than burning them in the flame.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.