Rice and pistachio salad
- 200 g (7 oz) long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) boiling water
- 3 heaped tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shelled whole pistachios
- grated rind of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Wash rice and drain.
- Transfer to a medium sized saucepan.
- Add boiling water and 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover pan and boil for 10 minutes, give a quick stir, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the lemon dressing, in a medium bowl mix together the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, grated lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Add the spring onions, parsley and pistachios to the rice.
- Stir in the lemon dressing and mix.
- Cover bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.