Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes About 1 Gallon.
- 1½ pounds bacon, diced
- ½ pound onion, diced
- ¾ cup flour
- 10¾ cups chicken stock (or bouillon)
- 4 cups creamed corn
- salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- pinch oregano
- 1 pound corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, finely diced
- 2¾ cups heavy cream
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In large soup pot, sauté bacon and onion until onion is tender.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring, about 7 minutes.
- Do not allow flour to brown.
- Blend in stock, stirring well.
- Add creamed corn, salt, pepperand oregano.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Add potatoes, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and hot sauce.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in cream, heat through and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.