- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lard
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- Put the first seven ingredients in large pot and let come to boil only.
- Set aside to cool to lukewarm, then add the next four.
- Mix well and put in greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 325°F about one hour and ten minutes, or until well done.
- Let cool some and then turn out on wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.