Salmon Chowder from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe—US government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 6
- 1 lb salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 can (8 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (13 oz each) evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut salmon into 1-inch chucks and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion, potato and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Blend in flour, pepper, dill, milk and salmon.
- Heat until soup thickens then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.