Purchased from the Inman Estate in Mineral Wells, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown. Another tried and true recipe.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 salmon fillets, approximately 5 ounces each
- 6 ham slices
- 3 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 15 black olives finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 20 sage leaves
- 12 long chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges to serve
- Mix together the butter, garlic, chopped , sun-dried tomato paste, salt and black pepper until well blended.
- Cut a deep long slit through each salmon fillet, taking care not to cut right through.
- Spread the butter mixture into the slit and then carefully close the slit.
- Place the sage leaves over the slit, enclosing the butter.
- Place a slice of ham over the slit and then wrap around the salmon.
- Knot a chive around each salmon fillet to secure.
- Cook the salmon over hot coals for about 4 to 5 minutes per side until the ham is crispy and the salmon is cooked though.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.