- 1 tin of pink salmon (415 grams), drained with liquid reserved
- 1 tbsp unflavoured gelatine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise (fat-free works well)
- juice of half a lemon (~1 tbsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the salmon and keep the liquid.
- Measure the reserved liquid from the tin and top up with water to make 125 ml (½ cup).
- Place this in a pot, and slowly sprinkle the gelatine on top, this will make the dissolving process easier.
- Heat gently until the gelatine is completely dissolved, stirring frequently.
- Let this broth-like liquid cool slightly.
- Put all other ingredients in a blender, and add the lukewarm broth on top.
- Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste (add more Worcestershire sauce if desired).
- Place in moulds and refrigerate.
- You can use fancy gelatine moulds or line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and cut slices when needed.
- This freezes very well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.