Contributed by Jenn b Aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ghee or gluten-free margarine of choice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 - 6 cups (1 - 1.5 l) chicken stock
- 1 lb (450 g) smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 3 - 4 cups (750 ml - 1 l) chopped fresh spinach leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the onions until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.