- 1/2 cup minced shallots or finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice, preferably pink or ruby red
- Saute the shallots in the oil in a nonstick skillet until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the salmon and grapefruit juice.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the salmon is opaque, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to warm serving plates.
- Increase the heat and simmer the juices about 2 minutes until reduced to 1/2 cup; pour over the salmon.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving Size: About 3-1/2 ounces salmon plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories: 242, Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 56mg, Carbohydrate: 8g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 4g, Protein: 25g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit, 4 Lean Meat
Contributed by: Edit
- World Recipes Y-Group
- from The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.