- 12 ounces crabmeat, which may be fresh, canned (drained) or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoonful of ground garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoonful chopped sweet green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoonful chopped sweet red peppers
- two drops of Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoonful of olive or cooking oil
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water (or substitute with 1/2 cup white wine!)
- 1/3 teaspoonful of Tony's creole seasoning
- Sautée all ingredients except the crabmeat over medium heat for about two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the crabmeat, stir, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes over low heat. Stir and let stand for a few minutes, covered.
- Serve garnished with slices of red pepper and sweet Peas.
- OPTIONS: You may want to have lemon or orange slices handy, for some people who like to add a squeeze of either to their dish.
- In Puerto Rico, Salmorejo de Jueyes is frequently served with Guineos Verdes (Stewed Green bananas) or Tostones (Fried Green plantains). Salmorejo is equally delicious with Pasta. Try it as a filling for cannelloni!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.