- 1 Asian eggplant, cut chunks
- 1 bitter melon, removed seeds and cut chunks
- 2 cups cubes fresh pumpkin ( already peeled,seeded and cut)
- 5 oz. frozen chopped spinach or ½ lb. fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 slices fresh galanga root, or frozen galanga root
- 1 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon mushroom sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon roasted rice powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, or 3 pieces fresh turmeric roots.
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup coconut milk (option, substitute with 1 cup water instead.)
- 2 cups water
- Put coconut milk, water, lemon grass, galanga, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric, paprika and garlic in a blender and blended it.
- Places eggplant and bitter melon in a soup pot.
- Pour the mixes spices sauce over, and cover the pot with lid.
- Simmering for 10 minutes then add pumpkin and spinach.
- Cover and cook till the pumpkin tender.
- Seasoning with sugar, salt, mushroom sauce and roasted rice powder.
- Stirs well.
- Serve hot with rice or hot bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.