Green chile sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 2 cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, and their juice (16 oz)
- 1 can diced green chilies (7 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- In a medium pan, heat oil lover medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, chiles, garlic, salt and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 days, or freeze.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Unlike most salsas, this freezes well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.