Green chile sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tbsp lard, butter or bacon drippings
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups canned stewed tomatoes or 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green chiles, or more
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¾ tsp salt
- dash ground cumin (optional)
- Melt lard in pan over medium heat.
- Saute chopped onion in lard.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add stewed tomatoes or chicken broth, chopped chiles, garlic and seasonings.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
- Freezer storage: 8 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.