Sauce Mixture Edit
- 2 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- ½ tsp msg.
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 Tbsp. mirin (wine)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 stalk green onion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 slices fresh ginger, smashed (1 tsp. each slice)
Green Onion Sauce Edit
- Heat sauce mixture to boil. Let cool. Chill in refrigerator.
- Place chicken in large pot of boiling water (to cover whole chicken). Lift chicken out and rinse under cold water.
- Repeat this process once again. Place chicken in boiling water, bring to boil again. Cover pan. Turn off heat. Let chicken stand in hot water for 30 minutes (breast side down).
- Lift chicken out and rinse under cold running water. Put chicken back into boiling water, breast side down. Bring to boil.
- Cover pan. Turn off heat. Let chicken stand for 20 minutes, in hot water. Take chicken out, brush with 1 table spoon sesame oil. Immediately soak chicken in ice cold sauce mixture. Use a fork to poke holes all over chicken. Let stand in sauce mixture.
- Store in refrigerator overnight before serving. To serve, chop bones and all into 2 x 1-inch pieces. Arrange on platter. Pour green onion sauce over chicken pieces. Serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.