Oven-baked flat bread. This is not an easy bread to make, as the flipping of the flattened loaf onto the sides of a hot oven is an art form that needs to be mastered.
- Serves 4 – 6
- Combine the fenugreek seeds with the tomato puree and 3 tbsp of water and mix together well.
- Cook over a low flame and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat.
- Sift together the flour and yeast and then knead the mixture together with just enough lukewarm water to make a moderately thick dough.
- Cover lightly and let stand to rise for half an hour.
- Repeat the kneading and rising process 6 times in all, kneading at half hour intervals.
- Heat the oven to its highest possible temperature.
- Turn off the heat and, taking care not to burn yourself, wipe the walls of the oven with a wet cloth.
- Immediately after the last kneading flatten the dough and make two thin loaves.
- Over each spread 3 tbsp of the fenugreek mixture and, with a rapid motion, stick the breads on the walls of the oven.
- Let cook just until the bread peels off the walls and falls to the floor of the oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.