- 2 lb unpeeled large, fresh shrimp
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 cups peeled, cubed papaya
- 1⅓ cups orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Cook shrimp in oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Combine pineapple and next 5 ingredients in skillet.
- Combine vinegar and cornstarch, stirring until smooth; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add shrimp; reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.