- 1 lb bottom round of beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup white flour
- 1 can (14 – 15 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (7 oz) diced green chilis
- 1 jalapeño – diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- Cut meat into 1 inch pieces.
- Brown meat in olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour over the browned meat; cook 2 minutes.
- Then, add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer on very low for 1 to 1.5 hours, checking and adding water/wine as needed.
- Stir occasionally.
- To serve, garnish with sour cream (or plain, unsweetened yogurt) on tortillas/tacos with cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, your favorite finishings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.