Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe at genaw.com
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds total
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4½ teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda (sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or a zipper bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator 2 hours and no longer.
- Remove the chicken and drain well.
- Grill on indoor or outdoor grill just until no longer pink in the center.
- Serve on its own or in a fajita salad.
Nutritional information Edit
- 191 Calories | 2g Fat | 40g Protein | 1g Carbohydrate | trace Dietary Fiber | .5g Net Carb
The recipe makes about 1¼ cups of marinade, but only ¼ cup was absorbed into the chicken. The nutritional counts are based on just ¼ cup of marinade.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.