Pilaf with garlic
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 300 g mutton or beef
- 800 g (28 oz) carrots
- 3 – 4 onions
- 350 g vegetable oil
- salt and spice to taste
- Wash rice and soak in warm saltwater for 1½ – 2 hours.
- Cut meat in small pieces and sear in hot oil.
- Add sliced onions, after a few minutes put in carrot strip and salt.
- Add 1:1 water, spices and unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Stew on low heat for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add rice and cook uncovered until water evaporates.
- When ready, remove garlic, mix rice and serve in a mound on a large platter.
- Peel garlic and arrange on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.