Stuffed grape leaves
- 1 lb. beef and pork, ground together
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup rice
- washed grape leaves
- a spring of dill
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup hot water
- Fry onions in hot corn oil.
- Add meat and fry until meat is well done.
- Cool mixture slightly and then add egg, rice, seasoning and a spring of dill chopped fine.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Place 1 tbsp of mixture in a grape leaf and wrap up in sarma fashion.
- Place sarma in deep pan, put 2 tbsp hot oil, put 2 tbsp flour and fry together.
- Remove from fire, add 1 tsp paprika, ½ cup hot water.
- Blend and pour over sarmas.
- Many prefer to serve it with sour cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.