This fine recipe will last forever, i got to taste this and it was delicious ! Requires only basic cooking skills !
- 4 cups saskatoon Berries
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (raspberry or orange)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- dash of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Mix Berries and juice in large bowl.
- Mix Sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg and mix into the Berries.
- Pour into unbaked 9 inch pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust that has small holes cut into it with thimble.
- Seal edges well, baste top with cream and sprinkle with Sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake until nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through holes.
Contributed by Edit
Recipe courtesy of Black Cat Guest Ranch Hinton, AB Canada
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.