- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Slice bottom 6 inches of lemongrass, discard remainder. Place in food processor or blender with shallot, garlic, cumin and ¼ cup water. Process until smooth.
- Place medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add spice mixture, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, peanuts, brown sugar, chili sauce and soy sauce; stir until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.