From my grandmother's collection.
Dated 1928. This one sounds really strange to me, but my mother tells me she had it many times as a child and it is fabulous. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
- 1-1/4 cups cocoa
- 1 large package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well-drained and chopped
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow whip
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Boil Sugar, cocoa, chocolate chips, Sugar and milk to the soft ball stage.
- Beat in marshmallow whip and sauerkraut.
- Beat well and pour into buttered pan to set.
- Cool and cut into squares
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.