- 500 g beef bones
- 400 g sauerkraut
- 50 g dried mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp fat
- 4 tsp sour cream
- bay leaves
- Separately prepare the bone and mushrooms stocks.
- Drain the mushrooms through a sieve, rinse and dice.
- Shred the sauerkraut, place in a saucepan, add some bone stock, fat, tomato paste, cover with a lid and stew for about half an hour, stirring from time to time.
- Add mushroom stock to strained bone stock, bring to a boil, then add sautéed sauerkraut and vegetables, mushrooms, pepper corns, bay leaves, browned flour with some stock mixed in, salt to taste and boil for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the šcy seasoned with sour cream and greens.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.