In Romanian: Varza acra cu carne de berbec
- 1 lb / 500 g fatty mutton
- 1 medium cabbage
- 4 tablespoons lard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Cut the meat in bite size pieces and fry very little in lard.
- Add water to cover and let boil, covered, about a half hour.
- During this time, chop the cabbage.
- Then add it to the meat, also adding paprika, tomato paste, and a little water.
- Let boil, at slow temperature for another hour.
- If the liquid evaporates, add a little warm water.
- Then bake in the oven for another hour. Serve with polenta.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.