This recipe came from an estate sale.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 Medium white onions
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ pound sausage
- 1¼ cups soft breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup light cream
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Scoop out the centers of peeled onions leaving at least ¼ inch thick shell
- Then chop the centers to equal 1½ cups
- Blanch the onion cases for 5 minutes and turn upside down to drain.
- In a skillet sauté the chopped onion in ¼ cup of butter, until lightly colored
- Then add the sausage and cook a few more ninutes.
- Stir in 1¼ cups of bread crumbs which have been soaked in the light cream
- Then simmer about 5 minutes and add parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Fill the shells with the stuffing and put in a buttered shallow dish.
- Pour the beef stock and wine around them and bring to a boil on top of stove
- Bake in a 350 °F oven, basting several times for 45 minutes
- Then transfer the onions to a serving dish.
- Reduce the juices by half then pour over onions
- Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.