Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¼ lbs bulk pork sausage
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cups chopped peeled apples
- ¾ tsp Accent® flavor enhancer
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp poultry seasoning
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup raisins
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In small skillet, brown pork sausage with onion and celery. Do not drain.
- In large bowl, combine bread,cubes, parsley, accent flavor enhancer, salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and butter, mix well.
- Stir in water, apples, raisins and sausage mixture including drippings.
- Prepare turkey as directed.
- Just before roasting, spoon stuffing into turkey; do not pack tightly.
- Continue as directed for stuffed turkey.
- Stuffing will fill 18 lb turkey.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.