Depending on length, makes 20 – 40 pieces.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ pound of butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- sausage pieces (I've seen some people use miniature hot dogs instead)
- Combine the flour, butter, eggs, water and salt together.
- Knead the dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 2 hours.
- Cook the sausage (or meat). Don't let it get brown though. You can add spices to it if you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out some dough. It should not be too thick.
- Cut rectangular strips of the dough, about 3 inches (8 centimeters) wide.
- Put a piece of sausage at the end of the dough strip.
- Roll the dough around the sausage until it is completely covered, and cut that portion off the strip.
- Repeat the last two steps until you are done with this dough strip.
- Repeat the last 5 steps until the dough or sausage is finished.
- Repeat the above steps until you are out of dough, or mixture.
- Brush the exterior of all the sausage rolls egg white.
- Place the sausage rolls on a sheet with a little space in between each one, and bake until slightly brown (sorry, I don't remember exactly how long. Next time I'll record that).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.