- 450 g / 1 lb cabbage, chopped
- 50 g / 2 oz sultanas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Place the sultanas in a small bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak.
- Meanwhile, place the cabbage in a large saucepan, cover with water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and transparent.
- Drain the cabbage well, pat with kitchen paper to dry then add to the onion mixture.
- Mix well and sauté gently for 5 – 8 minutes, turning, until it is heated through and coated with the oil.
- Drain the sultanas and add to the cabbage together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- Season with salt and nutmeg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.