This is a yummy side dish for when you want to try something "different". The hot sauce is our addition but the original recipe excludes it. Either way this is well worth trying and takes very little time to put together
- 4 plantains, very ripe (the peel may be half black outside but the plantain inside is firm)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 whole cloves (not ground) (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Peel ripe plantains and ensure the the pulp is firm and smells sweet Heat butter or margarine (add spices as desired) Saute in at medium heat until browned about 10 minutes Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired Serve immediately as a side dish or dessert.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.