- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetarian beef stock
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 x 12-oz pkg. firm tofu, cubed
- Combine tomato paste and stock in small bowl.
- Add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tamari, garlic and scallions, stirring after each addition.
- Set aside.
- Arrange tofu in single layer in non-reactive baking dish.
- Cover with marinade, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake tofu in covered baking dish 30 minutes.
- Pour marinade into saucepan, and brown tofu under broiler.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.