Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff
- Prep: 25 minutes | Bake: 1 hour | Cook: 6 minutes | Cool: 1 hour 15 minutes | Stand: 1 hour
- Makes 12 to 16 servings
- 1 lb unpeeled, uncooked medium shrimp
- 1 (8 oz) package Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix (seasoned rice mix)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ (16 oz) package smoked sausage, diced
- 1 tbsp Zatarain's Creole seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ (8 oz) container sour cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- If frozen, thaw shrimp, peel and devein.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch spring-form pan with butter.
- Prepare jambalaya mix per package directions, omitting meats.
- Press jambalaya mixture in bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in red bell pepper, next 3 ingredients, and shrimp.
- Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes. Do not drain.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, sour cream and cornstarch with a heavy-duty stand mixer, using paddle attachment, until blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Fold in cooled shrimp mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and smooth top of batter using a spatula.
- Place pan on an aluminum foil-lined jelly- roll pan.
- Bake 350°F for 50 minutes or until set.
- Turn off oven, let cheesecake stand in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Let cool on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Remove sides of spring-form pan.
- Cut cheesecake into 12 to 16 wedges.
- Serve at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.