- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp dried dillweed
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- ¾ lb eggplant, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 cups)
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners, and set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, dillweed, salt and pepper in large bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in separate bowl.
- Stir in onion, eggplant and lemon zest.
- Add to dry ingredients, using as few strokes as possible, just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until muffins begin to brown.
- Cool before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.