- 6 tbsp softened unsalted butter
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1 cup low-fat or whole milk ricotta
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- butter 8-inch baking dish or spring-form pan with 2 tablespoons softened butter.
- To make pie crust: in bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter and work into flour.
- Add egg and mix dough until it just holds together.
- Press dough into spring-form pan, bottom crust first, then sides.
- Combine farro, cheeses, eggs, nutmeg, parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool to lukewarm, cut into wedges and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.