- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- ½ cup peas
- 2 large white mushrooms, rinsed and grit removed
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup freshly grated jarlsberg or other low-fat Swiss-style cheese
- sprigs fresh thyme or chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 5-inch- or 6-inch-round baking dish preheated in oven.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk and flour until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When butter is melted, pour egg mixture into baking dish and place in oven.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, sauté onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add red peppers and peas, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove mixture from heat and set aside.
- Thinly slice mushroom caps and stems.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons butter in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, sauté mushrooms 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add wine and cheese, return onion mixture to skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Bake pancake for 15 minutes.
- When puffed and golden, remove from oven, heap savory mixture into center, garnish with fresh thyme or chives and serve—pancake may deflate slightly as it cools
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.