This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into cubes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups canned sauerkraut drained
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil in heavy skillet or dutch oven.
- Cook onions until transparent then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Add paprika, salt, caraway seeds, water, sauerkraut, onions and sugar then bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour or until tender adding water if necessary.
- Fold in sour cream then heat to serving temperature and serve with hot noodles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.