Pumpkin Scones from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of article, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Cook Time: 12–15 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- ¼ cup skim milk powder
- 2 spring onions, chopped (a.k.a. shallots, green onions)
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup cold pumpkin
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup natural mineral water
- Cottage cheese or butter, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (430°F).
- Combine the flour, milk powder, onion and nutmeg.
- Fold through the pumpkin, buttermilk and mineral water to make the dough.
- Pat out the mixture onto a lightly floured board and roll out to a thickness of about ⅝".
- Using a 2" scone cutter, press out 12 rounds.
- Place these on a lightly floured baking tray and bake at 220°C for 12–15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with dollops of cottage cheese or butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.