- 1½ pounds yellow summer squash or zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- ½ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Cover and cook squash and onion in small amount of water in saucepan until squash is tender but not soft.
- Drain well.
- Combine with rice, cheese, pepper and salt.
- Blend eggs and mayonnaise; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Top with breadcrumbs and almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.