Savory Turkey-Mushroom Burgers Submitted by: dlife Source: dLife
Ingredients: 7 ounces fresh mushrooms (such as chanterelle, porcini, shiitake, or button) 2 cloves garlic, minced 3/4 cup chicken broth 3 Tbsp. bulgur 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onion 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 1/4 tsp. black pepper Dijon-style mustard (optional) 4 multigrain hamburger buns, split and toasted Red onion slices, grilled (optional)
Instructions: 1. Remove stems and finely chop half of the mushroom caps (should have 1 cup); slice the remaining mushroom caps and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan cook the finely chopped mushrooms and garlic in � cup of the broth for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in bulgur. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low.
3. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until bulgur is tender and liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the ground turkey, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper. Add bulgur mixture; mix well. Shape into four �-inch-thick patties.
5. Place patties on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until patties are no longer pink (165 degrees), turning once halfway through grilling.
6. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the sliced mushrooms, covered, in the remaining � cup broth for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. 7. To serve, if desired, spread mustard on bottom halves of buns. Add burgers, grilled onion slices (if desired), and sliced mushrooms; replace top halves of buns.
Turkey burgers are a delicious change of pace. Slap these moist patties on the grill for a special summer treat!
Nutritional Information: 293 Calories; 27g Total Carbohydrate; 10g Total Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 55mg Cholesterol; 412mg Sodium; 26g Protein; 3g Fiber.