This recipe has no fat and is delicious!! enjoy!.
- 1 large can of tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 x 6 oz can of V-8 (I like the spicy kind)
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 celery stalks, chopped into lg chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup or more large, fresh cleaned mushrooms (left whole)
- 5 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 quarter head of fresh, green cabbage, cut into big chunks
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cubes (b**f) or vegetable bouillon
- enough water to cover veggies by about 2 inches
- seasoning to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large kettle, squeezing or cubing whole tomatoes, so that their juices become part of the mixture.
- Cover and let simmer for several hours, adding water as necessary, until the veggies are fully cooked and the flavors have had the chance to mix.
- (this soup is really better the second day).
- I have not included can sizes, since how much (or what you add) really depends on your personal taste (hominy, for instance, is something I sometimes add, and is really good!)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.