Makes 24 puffs
- 1 quart filling choux pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup filling: asparagus, salmon, shrimp, sweet corn, mushroom, tuna, cooked chicken, etc, all kinds of savoury foods mixing, chopped
- 1 leaf sprigs dill
- Set oven at 220°C (425°F), place choux pastry mixture in teaspoonfuls on a cookie shhet lined with non stick baking (parchment) paper and make 24 puffs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 180°C (350°F) and cook until puffs are golden brown (about 15 – 20 minutes longer) make filling: melt butter, add flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly while stirring.
- Cook for 1 minute, add savory food; keep hot.
- Place puffs on cake cooler, partly split to release steam and ensure crispness.
- Remove any soft mixture from the center, if necessary.
- Place filling in puffs, replace tops.
- Reheat at 150°C (300°F) for about 10 minutes, serve garnished with dill sprigs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.