Scallop, Spinach and Tomato Sauté from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed, thoroughly washed
- In a large skillet, heat oil over low heat then add garlic and heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in scallops, cover and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in basil, tomatoes, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the scallops are cooked through.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.