From The Thin Commandments Diet by Stephen Gullo, Ph.D.
- Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 30 minutes.
- This recipe serves 4 People.
- Due to The Nature of This Recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 4 only.
- Contributed by: Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 lb. sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry, tough tendon at sides removed
- 20 asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off, cut in 2 inch lengths, about 2 cups
- 4 slices sweet onion, rings separated
- 4 slices tomato
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp dry white wine or vermouth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set out two rimmed baking sheets.
- Tear off four 20 inch-long sheets of heavy-duty foil. Fold each piece of foil crosswise like a book, then open up. Coat one half of each sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- In the center of each sprayed half, arrange the ingredients evenly divided: spinach, summer squash, scallops, asparagus, onion, and tomato.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with vermouth or wine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fold the other side of the foil over the food. Crimp the edges tightly to seal. Place the packets on the baking sheets.
- Bake until the scallops are opaque in the thickest part and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of each packet to a heated dinner plate and serve right away.
Nutritional information Edit
| Per Serving:
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.