- 3 lb scallops
- 1½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ lb mushrooms; sliced
- 1 small green pepper; sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp salt
- dash fresh ground pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 cup diced Swiss cheese
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 tbsp butter for topping
- paprika Bring wine and lemon juice to boil and add scallops, mushrooms, and green pepper. Simmer just until scallops are tender. Be careful not to overcook!!! Drain, reserving liquid.
- Melt butter in saucepan, blending in salt, pepper, and flour until bubbly. Gradually stir in reserved liquid and cook until thickened.
- Add Swiss cheese and ½ of the Romano and stir over very low heat until blended.
- Remove from heat and fold in whipped cream. Stir in scallop mixture, then divide between eight, individual, buttered scallop shells / baking dishes.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Romano, dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil until golden brown. Watch them carefully so as not to burn!!!! This, as you may guess, is sinfully rich and deliciously bad for you.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.