Total preparation time 25 minutes.
- 8 oz penne rigate pasta (ziti)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced (approx 1 cup)
- 1 bunch scallions chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp garlic (minced)
- ½ lbs bay scallops
- ½ tsp garlic pepper seasoning
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- and romano cheese
- Garnish diced tomato with Italian seasoning and set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare penne rigate according to instructions on box.
- Meanwhile: heat oil in medium skillet. Add onions and scallions and cook over medium heat 3–4 minutes stirring frequently to avoid browning.
- Stir in Mushrooms and lower heat to medium low.
- Add minced garlic, garlic pepper seasoning, and Scallops (including liquid).
- Stir constantly to ensure even heating for approx 5–6 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Divide Pasta between 2 warmed plates.
- Top with scallop mixture including all liquid.
- Top with diced tomatoes and garnish with grated parmesan and Romano.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.