This recipe came from an estate sale. It was obtained when the family collection was purchased from the Burnett Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1981.
- 3 Slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Pound bay scallops
- 1 Cup half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sauté bacon then pour off fat.
- Cool and crumble then set aside.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium high heat.
- Briefly Sauté scallops until heated through
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a warm bowl.
- Add half-and-half to scallop liquid and boil, stirring occasionally until reduced to about ¾ cup.
- Add mustard and maple syrup then pour in any juices collected in scallop bowl.
- Boil another 3 to 4 minutes until reduced again to sauce consistency.
- Add scallops and crumbled bacon to sauce then toss quickly and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.