- 6 eggs
- 340g (12oz) ground sausage
- 110g (4oz) dried breadcrumbs
- Grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil, marjoram or savory, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil the eggs for 10-12 minutes, cool under cold running water.
- Peel and reserve the eggs.
- Place the sausage meat, lemon zest, herbs, nutmeg and seasoning into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into six portions.
- Coat each of the boiled eggs with a portion of the sausage meat mixture, (wet hands make this easier).
- Roll each of the coated eggs first in beaten egg, then into the dried breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil to 180 - 190C (350-375 F).
- Carefully add coated eggs to oil, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Serve cool, sliced lengthways with a green salad.
- Happy Easter from the LR
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.