Makes 16 scones.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp whipped butter - (not me!! not on your life)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, sift dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, mixing into flour with your fingers.
- Add buttermilk and knead to a soft dough.
- Knead in raisins.
- On a floured board, roll out dough to ½" thick.
- Cut in 16 rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: 1 starch/bread exchange; cal: 97; cho:7 mg; car: 3g; sod: 3g; fat: 3g;(if i gave the break down of the fat, i would be to pooped to pop)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.